TENDER YOUR RESIGNATIONS
Around the time our 'mainstream politicians' led by Mr Omar Abdullah are in New Delhi for a meeting with President of India, we need to bear in mind:
1. The President is the nominal head and Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force and the so-called Constitutional head who tops the list of all dignitaries in Order of Precedence and protocol but actually he is just a rubber stamp who has no authority to take political decisions;
2. Solutions to the Kashmir problem as projected till date---azadi, Plebiscite (accession to India or Pakistan by universal referendum in undivided State including Gilgit Baltistan, Ladakh, Jammu and all territories under Pakistan's control), autonomy, self-rule, abrogation of Article 370 etc etc---are all essentially political decisions in which President of India has no role;
3. One may differ on the number of the people on the streets and the people these demonstrators and stone pelters represent---which according to Minister Sajjad Lone are only 5% and according to Hurriyat leaders and many others as 95%----it is unmistakeably clear that their demand is not a judicial enquiry in Burhan Wani's killing (as was sought to be projected by some of PDP's legal luminaries), or punishment to the "Police and CRPF officers involved in killing of 70 civilians", or appointment of the Chairman for J&K State Human Rights Commission, or release of political detainees, or autonomy, or self-rule or 'achievable nationhood', or uninterrupted power supply and pure drinking water. It is---let us be honest even if we don't align ourselves with them---nothing short of Azadi, or Kashmir's total separation from India. If they are really followers of Burhan Wani, then their demand is also what he said in August 2015 video---"Khilafat in Kashmir and entire world";
4. The delegation that is meeting President of India also includes the politicians whose only politics in J&K has been restricted to obfuscation, diversion of narratives and camouflaged adventurism as per the role given to them by the central intelligence agencies, army and security establishment. They have been exposed as beneficiaries and recipients of huge amounts of money and other privileges from Army and other agencies and carry no credibility in Kashmir; and,
5. None of the politicians, including some who have proved to be the best Ministers and MLAs in development, does enjoy mandate or trust of the people who are out on the streets today.
By every word---from Ram Madhav to Rajnath Singh to Narenda Modi---the NDA Government has made it clear that it is not going to hold any talks, any discussions with anybody on the Indian-administered Jammu and Kashmir. It has been made clear that the Modi Government would talk to Pakistan only about the territories under that country's control.
IN VIEW OF THE ABOVE FACTS, MLAs, MLCs AND MPs OF ALL THE OPPOSITION PARTIES OF J&K, WHO ARE RETURNING DISAPPOINTED AND EMPTY HANDED FROM NEW DELHI, MUST EN BLOC TENDER THEIR RESIGNATIONS SO AS TO FORCE NEW DELHI TO SEE, WHAT THEY CALL, 'POLITICAL RESOLUTION OF THE POLITICAL PROBLEM'. IF THESE PEOPLE HAVE AN IOTA OF MORALITY AND CONSCIENCE AND SELF RESPECT, THEY ALL SHOULD RESIGN WITHOUT PLAYING ANY OTHER POLITICS. OR ELSE JOIN THE PDP-BJP COMBINE AND WORK OPENLY FOR THE INDIAN INTEREST IN J&K. This is without emotion and without malice to anybody.
Ahmed Ali Fayyaz